Every year, the Independent Living Centre provides services to hundreds of men and women in Waterloo Region to help meet their individual needs to actively participate more fully in our community. The organization provides working conditions and an atmosphere conducive to enabling each staff member to contribute to the fullest extent of his/her skill and competence.
ILCWR is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Accommodations for applicants with disabilities are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.
If you are considering a career where you can improve the quality of people's lives and share in our dedication to providing exemplary service, we invite you to review the job description below, and submit a resume or job application to Laura Sparks, Director of Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NEW: You can also apply online using our online form!
PART-TIME ATTENDANT POSITION
Compensation and Benefits
Starting rate; $14.05
520 Hours (or six months): $14.54
One year: $15.34
Two Year $16.15
- Mileage compensation is $0.35 per kilometre (some restrictions apply)
- Group benefits including extended health, dental, prescription drugs, vision care, life insurance, long term disability are available to employees who work an average of 25 hours per week or more after one year
- Pension plan is available to employees who complete two consecutive calendar years of employment working a minimum of 700 hours each year
- Flexible scheduling is available
- Training on first aid, CPR, back care, health and safety is offered on a regular basis
- Orientation is provided
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide personal care such as dressing, grooming, showering, transfers
- Provide some medical procedures as directed by consumers
- Assist with meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Communicate with other staff in order to coordinate attendant services
- Record duties performed for consumer, if required
- Keep Supervisor informed of incidents and events affecting care
- Train new staff
- Minimum secondary school completion (grade 12)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, time management and communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- May require ability to communicate in situations where a consumer has difficulty
speaking or where sensitivity to and understanding of cultural differences are required
- Availability to work a minimum of every other weekend
- Housekeeping and cooking skills helpful